Friday, December 13, 2013

Reading with Laya: What do you do when a Monster says Boo?

Book: What do you do when a Monster say Boo?
Author: Hope Vestergaard
Illustration: Maggie Smith




This is a really nice book targeted towards older siblings. The 'monster' in this book is a naughty little sister that pesters her older brother by throwing things at him, pulling his hair, etc. And the book offers the victimized older sibling some wisdom on how to handle the bratty little torturer. But to make the whole reading experience playful, a couple of naughty alternatives are presented before the actual "correct answer"..

 It's a very interesting book and after reading it multiple times, you realize that it isn't necessarily restricted only to older siblings. My daughter uses these tactics to deal with pesky little friends that trouble her. and I have realized that I can use some of the wisdom myself when my little monster is having one of her temper tantrums. Laya and I really enjoyed reading this book. And I think we've both learnt something from this!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds so cute! I'm a younger child and it was my sister who did the tormenting! lol