Thursday, December 5, 2013

Reading with Laya: My daddy is a pretzel

Book: My Daddy is a pretzel: Yoga for parents and kids.
Author: Baron Baptiste
Illustration: Sophie Fatus



This book is a fun way for preschoolers to learn about various professions while picking up some yoga moves along the way. The illustrations are very eye catching and the language very simple. Laya loves to do Yoga and every time we read this book, we are on the floor twisting in various positions that are clearly explained in the book. The step by step yoga instructions are definitely preschooler friendly. She looks at the pictures and knows exactly what to do. "I can do it myself, mommy!".

And in the middle of all the yoga, we sneak in a little lesson about the different professions as well. Our dinner time conversations now include talk about architects and vets and gardeners thanks to this book.

This book can also be bought in a package along with Yoga Pretzels Card Deck with 50 yoga activities for both adults and kids. 


Want to buy this book/card deck?

Buy "My Daddy is a Pretzel" on Amazon.com
Buy "Yoga Pretzels (Yoga Cards)" on Amazon.com
Buy "My Daddy is a Pretzel" on Powells.com
Buy "My daddy is a pretzel" at your local Indie Bookstore.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

That looks adorable!

Literary Feline said...

What a wonderful book! I will have to look for this one.