Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: The Married Kama Sutra - The World's Least Erotic Sex Manual

Title: The Married Kama Sutra
Author: Simon Rich
Illustrator: Farley Katz
Genre: Humor
Rating: 4 Stars





I don’t know about you, but I am always on the lookout for coffee table books. Books that can capture the attention of someone with just a glance and can turn in to a conversation piece rather than just stay as an adornment. This weekend, I think I found a perfect addition to my existing coffee table books. Who can exist a second glance when the taboo words “kama sutra” dance on the cover? When the two words have caught your eye, you pay more attention and read the full title – “The Married Kama Sutra – The world’s least erotic sex manual”. And right there, you know you are in for a treat when you open the book!

Simon Rich and Farley Katz have “unearthed” a valuable new document – a missing section in the original kama sutra -  positions that lovers frequently indulge in AFTER they are married. Hilarious, yet oddly insightful, descriptions of the various “positions” are accompanied by full page illustrations in the style of the original Kama Sutra (with a modern twist, of course).

I haven’t laughed so much for a book that is less than 50 pages in length. It doesn’t take you more than 10 minutes to go from cover to cover but you find yourself reaching for the book constantly. Position names have already made their way in to regular conversations with friends and family… “It was such a ‘perverse lovebirds’ moment” or “don’t give me that ‘wounded hippopotamus’ look”, etc..

Here's a little slideshow to give you a little teaser.



This is definitely a must have book for every coffee table!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Too funny! I'm glad you included the little slideshow. The Waltz of the Sloths is totally Scott and me when my mom is babysitting for us. Sometimes we go out but more often than not we just veg for a little before going to bed early.